GHC archeology and git commit hashes

Ismael Figueroa ifigueroap at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 20:08:24 UTC 2016

Dear ghc devs,

I'm doing some archeology of the GHC codebase, and I need to map every
release to a given git tag/commit/hash. So far, based on the official
webpage and Github mirror, I have done it for releases from 7.2.1 until
8.0.1. However, it is not clear to me:

- whether there is a corresponding point in history for releases before
7.2.1
- what are the corresponding commits, if any

>From what I can get at a glance, at this point in time the source code was
managed in a DARCS repository, right?

Would you please be so kind to point me in the right direction, in order to
correctly perform this mapping?

Thanks in advance!
--
Ismael