Hackage trustee selection process

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 22:15:30 UTC 2020

At present, there is no process for selecting Hackage trustees, there are
no designated terms for them, and there is no process for removing them.
This strikes me as most unfortunate. We trust that these folks will manage
Hackage for the benefit of the community, but there is no process the
community can rely on for ensuring the right people have trustee powers.
Can we fix this situation?

A couple specific suggestions:

1. Perhaps the Hackage trustees can adopt organizational standards similar
to those of the Core Library Committee to get things going quickly.

2. Perhaps the CLC should be able to designate a certain number of its own
members as Hackage trustees.