[Haskell] open assistant professorship at Utrecht University, Software Technology

Doaitse Swierstra doaitse at cs.uu.nl
Wed Oct 4 08:28:04 EDT 2006

We have an open  5 year position for an assistant professor.

Current areas of interest are:
   - domain specific embedded languages (especially in the form of
combinator languages)
   - programming language design and implementation
   - generic programming techniques
   - tools and methods for building complex systems out of a large
number of artefacts in a controlled way
   - program verification
   - systems for generating informative feedback to users in the case
of inconsistencies in specifications
   - advanced type systems and their implementation
   - software generation

We strongly believe that the functional programming paradigm is an
excellent starting point for many new developments in the above
mentioned areas. In our research we try to identify real problems, to
find solutions for them, to formalise these, and to build tools in
order to convey the solutions to the problem holders. Thus we try to
combine sound principles for solving real-life problems. Given the
increased pressure on our finances cooperation with industry is of
growing importance, which will also hold for this position.
Further details can be found at:

http://www.cs.uu.nl/vacatures/en/62612.html

Doaitse Swierstra