[Haskell] Per-type function namespaces (was: Data.Set whishes)

Per Larsson per at L4i.se
Fri Feb 27 15:30:57 EST 2004

In my humble opionon explicit module prefixes are a feature, which enhance
code clarity, and not something you want get rid of using rather complex
namespace extensions. However, as Alastair Reid's mail in this thread
indicates there are weaknesses in haskell's export mechanism. But these would
be far more easy to fix than introducing the suggested per type namespace
extension. The present export list is also rather ugly from an aesthetic
point of view, clottering the module header. I would love to see an,
repeatable, explicit 'export' directive with similar keywords as the import
directive. Allowing for example:
'export [all] hiding (...)' with obvious semantics.

Per Larsson