[Haskell] ICFP '05 Call for Workshop Proposals
Dariusz Piotr Biernacki
dabi at daimi.au.dk
Fri Aug 27 11:51:11 EDT 2004
ICFP '05 CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
The ICFP 2005 ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional Programming
will be held in Tallinn, Estonia from Monday, September 26 to Wednesday,
September 28, 2005.
Proposals for workshops are invited for consideration of ACM SIGPLAN
sponsorship and affiliation with ICFP 2005. Affiliated workshops will
be held on Sunday, September 25, Wednesday, September 28, and Thursday,
September 29 (as well as on Saturday, September 24, if necessary).
The purpose of these workshops is to provide a forum for
presenting novel ideas in a less formal and possibly more focused way
than at ICFP itself. They may also provide good opportunities for young
researchers to present their work to, and to obtain feedback from, a
specialized community. The format of each workshop is to be determined
by its organizers, but it is expected that each workshop allows ample
time for general discussion. The preference is for workshops which span
only one day, but other schedules will also be considered.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit workshop proposals to the
ICFP 2005 Workshop Chair, Patricia Johann (pjohann at crab.rutgers.edu), NO LATER
THAN MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2004. Submission may be made by e-mail
(Postscript, PDF, or ASCII) with "ICFP05 Workshop Submission" in the
subject header. Following ACM SIGPLAN's sponsorship procedures,
proposals must include:
1. The name of the workshop.
2. A statement of goals for the workshop.
3. The names and addresses of the organizers.
4. The names of potential participants, such as program committee members.
5. A description of plans for calls for participation (e.g., calls for
6. The expected number of attendees and planned length of the workshop.
7. A description of plans for publicity.
8. An explanation of any plans for a published proceedings.
9. A description of past versions of the workshop, including dates,
organizers, submission and acceptance counts, attendance, sites,
registration fees and summary budget information.
10. The URL of the workshop web site.
Notification of acceptance will be made by WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2004.
Accepted workshops will be sponsored by SIGPLAN (see
<http://www.acm.org/sigplan/sigplan_workshop_proposal.htm> for more
A committee chaired by the ICFP 2005 Workshop Chair and consisting of the ICFP
Program and General Chairs and the SIGPLAN Executive Committee will evaluate
The workshop selection committee members are:
* Patricia Johann, Rutgers University, Workshop Chair for ICFP 2005
* Benjamin Pierce, University of Pennsylvania, Program Chair for ICFP 2005
* Olivier Danvy, BRICS, General Chair for ICFP 2005
Any further information needed for preparing a workshop proposal can be
obtained by sending email to Patricia Johann (pjohann at crab.rutgers.edu)
or consulting the ICFP 2005 web site at <http://www.brics.dk/~danvy/icfp05/>.
More information about the Haskell