Haddock installing problems

Andre W B Furtado awfurtado@uol.com.br
Wed, 15 May 2002 03:39:53 -0300

Andre W B Furtado wrote:
> > [Haddock cannot find perl]
> This works for me, but I'm not a Cygwin/Windows expert so I'm not sure
> what the canonical answer should be.  On my system I have the Cygwin
> perl.exe in /cygwin/bin, and this is also /bin under cygwin, because by
> default Cygwin seems to want to mount /cygwin as /.
>
> I've just successfully build Haddock on WinXP with a fresh install of
> Cygwin, GHC 5.02.3, and surprisingly little fiddling about (I think I
> had to set PATH to include GHC, but that was it).

Looking the output produced by ./configure, I noticed that:

checking for ghc... /PROGS/GHC5023/BIN/ghc
checking version of ghc... /PROGS/GHC5023/BIN/ghc: not found

I wonder why haddock thinks my ghc dir is "/PROGS/GHC5023/BIN/ghc" when it
should be "/progs/ghc5023/bin/ghc". Perhaps that's why it can't find perl:
ghc itself was not found.

Any ideas?
-- Andre