Haddock installing problems

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Mon, 13 May 2002 12:16:48 +0100

> I was trying to install/compile Haddock 0.1 in my computer=20
> (Windows98 + Cygwin, GHC-5.02.3), but I got the following error
message:
>=20
> You must install the version of Perl shipped with GHC
> (or a compatible one) in /bin.
>=20
> I though I already had a version of Perl in my computer, since HOpenGL
> (which uses it) was compiled succesfully. My /bin dir also=20
> contains a file
> called perl.exe and another dir called Perl (which contains=20
> perl.exe too).

This works for me, but I'm not a Cygwin/Windows expert so I'm not sure
what the canonical answer should be.  On my system I have the Cygwin
perl.exe in /cygwin/bin, and this is also /bin under cygwin, because by
default Cygwin seems to want to mount /cygwin as /.

I've just successfully build Haddock on WinXP with a fresh install of
Cygwin, GHC 5.02.3, and surprisingly little fiddling about (I think I
had to set PATH to include GHC, but that was it).

Cheers,
	Simon