GHC development asks too much of the host system

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 16:11:35 UTC 2022

Great idea, Ben. It would also make getting started less intimidating
particularly if it had sections on changing the doc and adding test cases.
The latter areas would be a good way for non experts to help move ghc
forward. Of course those processes would ideally not involve building ghc.
Less expert software developers are experts on what needs more
explanation for less sophisticated developers  in e.g. the  hackage doc.
Similarly many people who submit bugs can't fix them but they could write a
test case.