Module Renaming: GHC.Core.Op

Sylvain Henry sylvain at haskus.fr
Fri Apr 3 21:29:38 UTC 2020

Hi Andreas,

"Op" stands for "Operation" but it's not very obvious (ironically when I
started this renaming work one of the motivation was to avoid ambiguous
acronyms... failed).

The idea was to separate Core types from Core
transformations/analyses/passes. I couldn't find something better then
"Operation" to sum up the latter category but I concede it's not very good.

But perhaps we should do the opposite as we're doing in GHC.Tc: put all
the Core types in GHC.Core.Types and move everything operation from
GHC.Core.Op to GHC.Core?

Cheers,
Sylvain