Tracking Progress of #7353 (New Windows IO Manager)

Travis Whitaker pi.boy.travis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 22:39:04 UTC 2019

Hello Haskell friends,

Even though I no longer work at a Windows shop, I've been watching
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/issues/7353 with great interest. Last I
knew Tamar Christina was heroically hacking away on a new IO manager for
Windows.

Although my low-level Windows knowledge is likely insufficient for me to
contribute significantly, I'd be very interested in testing the new IO
manager and helping with debugging in any way I can. How might one go about
building a GHC with this new Windows IO manager?

Thanks, as always, for all your hard work,

Travis Whitaker