[xmonad] Workspace selector font size

Jacek Generowicz haskell.org-lists at my-post-office.net
Thu Aug 25 10:54:04 UTC 2022

Hi Michael,

On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 12:28:31 +0200
Michael Topp <info at mito-space.com> wrote:

>> My workspase switching key opens a grey bar
>
> what bar, XMobar?

I don't know.

I do explicitly launch an xmobar (also a dzen2) in my config, but this isn't
either of these. This is whatever appears when I press keys bound to

XMonad.Actions.DynamicWorkspaces (selectWorkspace, withWorkspace, renameWorkspace, removeWorkspace)

and I haven't managed to discover what that is.

Hmm, maybe something out of XMonad.Prompt?

> Then it (or any other bar) might have it's own (external) config.

Yes, I have a config file for my xmobar, and I configure the dzen2 with argumens
when I launch it, and ...

> Further you can look for a "PP"/pretty printer section in your
> xmonad.hs, as well as for any font definitiions.

... I also have a `myDzenPP`

But this is something else.

> Also the issue depends on the font you use(d). Do you still have it
> installed, and is it addressed correctly? Further you could figure
> out if the font config uses point or pixels for the size, and Xft for
> rendering.

I'm hopelessy clueless about where fonts come from on my system or how they are
configured, found, etc.

(Also, I'm on NixOS, so it's bound to be done somewhat differently from the
usual way of doing things.)