[xmonad] Still having issues and can't seem to get 'workspaces' solved. This is borking my xmobar too.

Michael Needham jmikeneedham at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 17:17:13 UTC 2022

Hello All and thanks for the past help and patience with me as I am
learning both Haskell and use of Xmonad / Xmobar!

I don't get errors when I run xmobar from the terminal, however, it no
longer starts on login (xession) from lightdm or startx either.  When I run
it from terminal it just shows "Updating" where the workspaces should be.
But is used to startup with the TWM and I am on one monitor (0) and so
there is one xproc statement.  Attached is today's version of xmobarrc and
xmonad.hs so if someone can help me figure out workspaces that is my
problem (apparently).  I have been using another persons configs to enhance
my own which were very vanilla examples from haskell.org (config archives)
and a very standard (common) minimal xmobar config from a search on the
web.  I have all the fonts I am trying to load loaded and I am running on
EndeavourOS (Arch based Linux) but all the Arch wiki advice has worked in
the past.  Just still wearing noob clothes when it comes to xmonad :)

Please see attached files:

--

Kind Regards,

*John Michael Needham*