[xmonad] xmonad becomes inoperable in random situations

Solid soliditsallgood at mailbox.org
Sat Sep 18 17:08:02 UTC 2021

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 18 2021 13:35, Björn Kessler wrote:
> Anyway, when it happens, some functionalities of the program stay
> functional, but changing the screen in xmonad or starting new
> programms via dmenu is impossible then.

this could be a hundred different things really, but this description
reminds me of pipes filling up; do you perhaps use xmobar or another
status bar that reads from a pipe xmonad starts?  If yes, perhaps try to
disable that for the moment and see if the problem goes away.

There are some more robust ways to integrate xmonad and status
bars—especially if you use xmonad-contrib git—but let's not get ahead of
ourselves.