[xmonad] xmonad becomes inoperable in random situations

Platon Pronko platon7pronko at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 16:45:43 UTC 2021

Hi!

I'm not an expert in this by any means, but I'll try giving some pointers
in case you haven't explored them already.

Have you looked at the `top` output to see what process is consuming
CPU or disk resources? Since you say that only X is affected, then ttys
should be available on Ctrl-Alt-F2 (3,4,etc) and you can run top there.

How complex is your Xmonad config? Have you tried removing most customizations
and running the simplest config possible?

I doubt that rotated monitor is relevant here, but you can easily check that -
just run non-rotated monitor for a while, after the first time it freezes again
you will be sure that rotated monitor wasn't the issue.

Best regards,
Platon Pronko