[xmonad] Couldn't match type ‘M.Map (KeyMask, KeySym) (X ())’ with ‘containers-0.5.11.0:Data.Map.Internal.Map (ButtonMask, KeySym) (X ())’

Eyal Erez oneself at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 21:17:09 UTC 2018

Hi,

I've just recently upgraded my system and now I'm getting the following
error:
xmonad.hs:454:32: error:
    • Couldn't match type ‘M.Map (KeyMask, KeySym) (X ())’
                     with ‘containers-0.5.11.0:Data.Map.Internal.Map
                             (ButtonMask, KeySym) (X ())’
      NB: ‘containers-0.5.11.0:Data.Map.Internal.Map’
            is defined in ‘Data.Map.Internal’ in package
‘containers-0.5.11.0’
          ‘M.Map’
            is defined in ‘Data.Map.Internal’ in package
‘containers-0.6.0.1’
      Expected type: XConfig Layout
                     -> containers-0.5.11.0:Data.Map.Internal.Map
                          (ButtonMask, KeySym) (X ())
        Actual type: XConfig Layout -> M.Map (KeyMask, KeySym) (X ())
    • In the ‘keys’ field of a record
      In the expression:
        defaultConfig
          {modMask = mod1Mask, keys = myKeys,
           manageHook = manageDocks <+> composeAll myManageHook,
           startupHook = takeTopFocus >> setWMName "LG3D",
           layoutHook = myLayout,
           terminal = "rxvt-unicode -e $HOME/etc/tmux/init",
           workspaces = ["web", "emacs", "dev", ....],
           focusedBorderColor = myActiveBorderColor,
           normalBorderColor = myInactiveBorderColor, borderWidth = 3}
      In an equation for ‘myConfig’:
          myConfig
            = defaultConfig
                {modMask = mod1Mask, keys = myKeys,
                 manageHook = manageDocks <+> composeAll myManageHook,
                 startupHook = takeTopFocus >> setWMName "LG3D",
                 layoutHook = myLayout,
                 terminal = "rxvt-unicode -e $HOME/etc/tmux/init",
                 workspaces = ["web", "emacs", ....],
                 focusedBorderColor = myActiveBorderColor,
                 normalBorderColor = myInactiveBorderColor, borderWidth = 3}

454 |         , keys               = myKeys
    |                                ^^^^^^

My knowledge of Haskell is not good enough to figure this out.

My xmonad.hs file is available here: https://pastebin.com/rBNUFf1k

Thank you,

--
*Eyal Erez <**oneself at gmail.com* <oneself at gmail.com>*>*

There are 10 types of people, those who know binary and those who don't.