[xmonad] Couldn't match type ‘M.Map (KeyMask, KeySym) (X ())’ with ‘containers-0.5.11.0:Data.Map.Internal.Map (ButtonMask, KeySym) (X ())’

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 21:22:18 UTC 2018

The key part is

      NB: ‘containers-0.5.11.0:Data.Map.Internal.Map’
            is defined in ‘Data.Map.Internal’ in package
‘containers-0.5.11.0’
          ‘M.Map’
            is defined in ‘Data.Map.Internal’ in package
‘containers-0.6.0.1’

This suggests your xmonad and xmonad-contrib need to be rebuilt with the
new version of containers. Alternately, you will need to use ghc's
PackageImports extension to force your xmonad.hs to import Data.Map from
containers-0.5.11.0.

brandon s allbery kf8nh
allbery.b at gmail.com