[xmonad] xmonad on ubuntu desktop environment

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 19:47:57 UTC 2018

"Flashback" is someone forking and maintaining the old "fallback" package,
which was discontinued upstream after Gnome 3.6. It's actually Gnome 2
underneath; Gnome 3 has never supported alternative window managers
directly, "gnome-fallback" instead forced a Gnome 3-like theme onto Gnome 2.

On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 2:35 PM Adam Sjøgren <asjo at koldfront.dk> wrote:

> Steve writes:
>
> > Hello, I got a new computer and install ubuntu to 18.04 (Bionic
> > Beaver). When i login through xmonad, my ubuntu desktop environment
> > disappears, it's all black. No wallpaper, no tray, no nothing.
>
> What happens if you choose the "GNOME Flashback (Xmonad)" session when
> logging in, instead of the "XMonad" session?
>
> The xmonad package in Ubuntu includes two xsessions, one with xmonad
> only and one with "GNOME Flashback" (which I guess means fallback) and
> xmonad:
>
>  · https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/amd64/xmonad/filelist
>

>   Best regards,
>
>     Adam
>
> --
>  "Och när jag blundar hörs din röst                           Adam Sjøgren
>   Jag kan inte se ditt ansikte                           asjo at koldfront.dk
>   Det var det jag glömde först"

brandon s allbery kf8nh
allbery.b at gmail.com