[xmonad] urxvt slow rendering

Richard Watson rwatson at imap.cc
Thu Mar 9 03:49:09 UTC 2017

Thanks for your responses! Much appreciated.

Regarding compton -- AFAIK I'm not using compton or any compositing
tools. Should I be?

I had suspected that it was some kind of Xorg/video config/interaction.

I'm using the ATI radeon driver (video card is Radeon HD 8490).
with vanilla xorg.conf

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
	Driver      "fglrx"