[xmonad] urxvt slow rendering

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 16:01:34 UTC 2017

Yes, this does sound video driver related. The compton config change is a
workaround; XRender is far from being the ideal backend for compositing
(the glx backend is usually preferred) but in this case the video driver is
apparently not handling it well. In fact this sounds like the bugs I had
using compton+glx under VMware video emulation that went away when I ran
directly on the hardware.