[xmonad] urxvt slow rendering

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 03:53:13 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:49 PM, Richard Watson <rwatson at imap.cc> wrote:

> Thanks for your responses! Much appreciated.
>
> Regarding compton -- AFAIK I'm not using compton or any compositing tools.
> Should I be?

You can try it; sometimes it can work around xorg video driver bugs
(especially with the glx backend), but sometimes it also triggers them or
makes them worse. It does tend to be a good way to smoke out such bugs,
either way.

Unfortunately logs don't help; even with debugging turned on in the X
server, the driver rarely logs anything useful.