[xmonad] Cycle through all visible windows

Peter Jones mlists at pmade.com
Thu Feb 23 21:03:33 UTC 2017

Alex Su <sua at uchicago.edu> writes:
> Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks to me like the windowGo function
> accepts also a directional input.
>
> I think I've tried that module, but whenever I have the case that I have a
> window to the left, then windows stacked on top of each other, then another
> window on the next screen over, just binding Alt-Tab to windowGo L for
> instance skips certain windows in the cycle, in this case the window on the
> first screen that is stacked under another.

Correct.  `windowGo` won't help you if you have windows stacked on top
of one another.  Assuming you are talking about floating layers, you'd
have to use something like `switchLayer` first before `windowGo`.

Another thing to consider as an alternative is:

  https://hackage.haskell.org/package/xmonad-contrib-0.13/docs/XMonad-Prompt-Window.html

--
Peter Jones, Founder, Devalot.com
Defending the honor of good code