[xmonad] window clients ignore docks on xmonad login

Dave Macias davama at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 18:20:02 UTC 2015

When log into box for the *first time* the "sendMessage ToggleStruts" seems
to be on because when i open a terminal or any window it covers the docks.
I tested opening a window client on another non-visible workspace at it
respected the dock. It seems to only affect visible (focused/nonfocused)
workspaces.
Only when i reset the layout or change workspace does the dock get
uncovered.

only see this happening with darcs version 0.12. I tested also with haskell
version and it works fine. Docks are respected all the time.

One more thing:
when i have an urgenthint evoked and i run "xmonad --restart" i get kicked
out of xmonad and into my login screen (lxdm)
Someone had told on the irc channel that it had to do with the window id
and the timer "remindWhen". This happens on both darcs and haskell versions
of xmonad.

here is a snippet of the urgentconfig:
myUrgencyConfig = urgencyConfig {suppressWhen= Visible, remindWhen = (Every
(minutes 1.0))}

Hope all this makes sense.

Thank you in advance

-Dave