[xmonad] Xmonad sanboxed and Xinerama

Peter Jones mlists at pmade.com
Fri Oct 3 14:35:29 UTC 2014

Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com>
writes:
> I understand the original message as saying that it recognized screens
> correctly before xmonad was moved to a sandbox. This makes me wonder if the
> tests are being done with a different xmonad library and/or the sandbox is
> somehow not seeing a Xinerama-enabled X11 (this can happen if the original
> was installed globally via OS package but the sandboxed build is using a
> local X11 bindings package, and the Xinerama developer headers/libraries
> weren't installed, for example).

This is precisely what happened to me when I moved from my package
manager's version of xmonad to building in a cabal sandbox.  You need to
have a few of the -dev packages installed so that the Haskell X11
package can build with Xinerama support.

--
Peter Jones, Founder, Devalot.com
Defending the honor of good code