[xmonad] Xmonad sanboxed and Xinerama

Mario Pastorelli pastorelli.mario at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 12:23:35 UTC 2014

 > This sounds like an X configuration issue.

No it isn't because MATE can use Xinerama. It is  related to my XMonad.

 > I understand the original message as saying that it recognized screens
 > correctly before xmonad was moved to a sandbox.

No, I said that MATE was recognizing the screens and it does it also
now. I never installed XMonad from the package manager or from my user
"global" cabal because last time I did it I had a lot of problems.
XMonad in a sandbox would be perfect...

 > This makes me wonder if the
 > tests are being done with a different xmonad library and/or the
sandbox is
 > somehow not seeing a Xinerama-enabled X11 (this can happen if the
original
 > was installed globally via OS package but the sandboxed build is using a
 > local X11 bindings package, and the Xinerama developer headers/libraries
 > weren't installed, for example).
 >
 > I don't think we have enough information to diagnose this.

X11 bindings, XMonad and XMonad-contrib are all installed in the sandbox
with Xinerama support. The Xinerama lib they used is the one installed
by my package manager.

Do you think I could give you some informations to understand what's
going on?