[xmonad] XMonad.Prompt.Pass patch

Peter Jones mlists at pmade.com
Fri Aug 29 20:39:08 UTC 2014

ardumont <eniotna.t at gmail.com> writes:
> Like I said, from pass's documentation (I just added the links): -
>
> [...snip...]
>
> This is all `default` (it's in the main repository distribution) so I
> do not understand.  Also, I believe those distributions are the main
> linux families (every other in a way or another deriving from one of
> those).
>
> So I must misunderstand the term `default` package, can you explicit it
> for me?

Maybe I'm splitting hairs but when I think of a "standard" or "default"
package I think of things like coreutils that are installed
automatically when I installed my operating system.

Think about it this way: since xmonad is in the "main repository
distribution" for many operating systems, would you call it a "standard"
package?

Just because I can install a package doesn't mean it's a "standard"
package.  I'm sure my operating system has dozens of password managers
to choose from, just like it has dozens of windows managers.  I would
only call one of them the "standard" package if it was automatically
installed by the base system.

--
Peter Jones, Founder, Devalot.com
Defending the honor of good code