[xmonad] XMonad.Prompt.Pass patch

ardumont eniotna.t at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 19:31:37 UTC 2014

Peter Jones writes:

> ardumont <eniotna.t at gmail.com> writes:
>> In any case, how is it apparent for you that this is not standard?
>
> It's not a default package on any distro that I'm aware of.

?

Like I said, from pass's documentation (I just added the links):
- Ubuntu - https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/password-store
- Debian - https://packages.debian.org/source/sid/password-store
- Gentoo - http://packages.gentoo.org/?search=pass&bgresponse=
- Arch - https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/pass/
- NixOS - https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/tools/security/pass/default.nix#L17
- FreeBSD - http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/sysutils/password-store/
- ...

This is all `default` (it's in the main repository distribution) so I do not understand.
Also, I believe those distributions are the main linux families (every
other in a way or another deriving from one of those).

So I must misunderstand the term `default` package, can you explicit it
for me?

> Since your contribution depends on a non-standard package

Can you please, clarify the term non-standard package?

> I think it would fit in better with xmonad-extras:
>
>   https://hackage.haskell.org/package/xmonad-extra

I was not aware of this (I must have missed it on the main site).

>From the definition `Various modules for xmonad that cannot be added to
xmonad-contrib because of additional dependencies.`
pass is indeed an additional dependencies so it seems completely reasonable.

Thanks.

@ardumont