[xmonad] Issue 576 in xmonad: On FreeBSD Xmonad loses first hotkey sometimes

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Aug 19 14:37:17 UTC 2014

Comment #10 on issue 576 by martin.s... at gmail.com: On FreeBSD Xmonad loses
first hotkey sometimes

Yes. Indeed this workaround using tcsh appears to help. I haven't tested it
very extensively, yet, but the main symptoms are gone.

I still suspect that it is some kind of race condition with timers/signals.
Maybe the startup of /bin/sh is very fast on FreeBSD. Cannot tell for sure
what's going on.

I also compiled with "-rtsopts -with-rtsopts -v0" (I checked ps output
during compilation if it really uses the flags). It did not improve
anything and did not make truss faster (still listing setitimer, alarms
etc). I am getting just about the same output as above.

Btw, FreeBSD upgraded to GHC 7.8.3 a few days ago and the problem persists.
Tim's workaround still helps here.