[xmonad] Issue 348 in xmonad: Encoding task force

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Aug 5 13:17:15 UTC 2014

Comment #11 on issue 348 by allber... at gmail.com: Encoding task force

Actually the problem here is that we fixed encoding issues once... and then
ghc was changed to deal with encoding issues, and later the core libraries
were modified to use ghc's encoding support, and we were left with a
backward compatibility issue. Making sure that everything works properly on
everything from Debian (typically with an ancient ghc that doesn't fully
handle encoding) to Arch (typically bleeding edge) without either losing
encoding or double-encoding is difficult.