[xmonad] Space between terminal

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 19:14:50 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Pablo Olmos de Aguilera Corradini <
pablo.olmosdeaguilera at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Layout-LayoutHints.html
> > *might* help, but you may need to consider using a non-broken terminal
> > program.  Too many lazy X11 programmers don't understand that the window
> > manager has the final word on window sizes and it's up to their program
> > deal.
>
> When you say "non-broken terminal program" are you talking about my
> terminal emulator? In the SS I was running Terminator, but I have also
> tried with gnome-terminal, urxvt, rxvt, xterm and aterm and the
> problem persists.

Most of the rxvt family, including aterm, are known to not work properly.
 urxvt *should* work as should gnome-terminal.  xterm might or might not
depending on exact version.

> Curiously lxterminal, Terminal (xfce terminal) and guake, vim covers

I believe lxterminal, Terminal, and gnome-terminal all are based on the
same Gtk+ VTE widget and all should work the same way.  (They are NOT based
on xterm.)