[xmonad] Space between terminal

Pablo Olmos de Aguilera Corradini pablo.olmosdeaguilera at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 19:10:36 CEST 2012

On 18 July 2012 12:00, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Pablo Olmos de Aguilera Corradini
> <pablo.olmosdeaguilera at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Since some time (sadly I'm not sure when), I've started to see a
>> little space (like 5 to 10 pixels) between the vim window and the
>> terminal window[1].
>

> This is your terminal not using its full allocation, probably because it
> violates ICCCM and considers its space request to be obligatory on the
> window manager.
>
> http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Layout-LayoutHints.html
> *might* help, but you may need to consider using a non-broken terminal
> program.  Too many lazy X11 programmers don't understand that the window
> manager has the final word on window sizes and it's up to their program to
> deal.

When you say "non-broken terminal program" are you talking about my
terminal emulator? In the SS I was running Terminator, but I have also
tried with gnome-terminal, urxvt, rxvt, xterm and aterm and the
problem persists.

Curiously lxterminal, Terminal (xfce terminal) and guake, vim covers
the whole window. Afaik Terminal and gnome-terminal are both based on
xterm, so I would expect the issue on both.

Regards,
--
Pablo Olmos de Aguilera Corradini - @PaBLoX
http://www.glatelier.org/