[xmonad] Mod Key Issues - Sometimes

Matt Freeman matt at mattfreeman.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 07:31:55 CET 2011

I been using Xmonad for a few months.

My config is pretty simple, about the minimum 10 line example.

When I first started I was using the default mod key of alt, this
worked well 95% of time, although some programs alt key to access the
menu would no longer be available. I also occasionally noticed that
mod+l and mod+h would occasionally stop work, not frequently enough to
curse but still annoying have to logout and back in again.

Recently I switched to win key as my mod key. This works 98% of time.
But in certain programs e.g. part of Rhythm box. I.e. once you go to
Radio start a stream then window key binding doesnt (in most other
parts of the app its fine), and still the occasionally not working on
h and l. 98% is better than 95%

Is this a known frustration and what is the best way to compensate
when such problems occur?

--
w: http://www.mattfreeman.co.uk/  t: http://www.twitter.com/mattcodes