[xmonad] Problem with anti-aliased fonts in Java/Swing applications

Christophe Garion tofgarion+xmonad at runbox.com
Mon Jan 24 11:02:29 CET 2011

Hello,

For those who may be interested, I have looked through the OpenJDK code
and the dependency to Gnome (or KDE) for finding X settings is
hardcoded. You have to configure gnome for anti-aliasing and start
gnome-settings-daemon in order to have anti-aliasing automatically set
for Swing applications.

I will fill a bug report to OpenJDK, because it seems to me that is not
the proper solution.

Christophe

--
Christophe Garion          ISAE/DMIA - SUPAERO/IN
garion at isae.fr             10 avenue Edouard Belin