[xmonad] Issue 373 in xmonad: Hlintify XMonad & XMonadContrib

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Aug 10 23:50:00 CEST 2011

Comment #2 on issue 373 by wil... at willem.vanlint.name: Hlintify XMonad &
XMonadContrib

I've patched a few of the Hlint flags in xmonad core.
It is indeed a nice beginner project, I learned a lot.
I left one of the eta reduction warnings in there due to readability and I
didn't alter the naming of the atoms to camelCase due to their origin.

When applying another eta reduction, I noticed the redundant use was a
solution for the monomorphism restriction. This was changed by using scoped
type variables also due to the possibility that generalisation isn't done
in nested expressions
(http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/blog/LetGeneralisationInGhc7).

Any comments on my patch are welcome.

Attachments: