[xmonad] Issue 19 in xmonad: Investigate a way to allow contrib extensions to use compositing.

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Aug 10 13:47:35 CEST 2011

Comment #18 on issue 19 by pastorel... at gmail.com: Investigate a way to
allow contrib extensions to use compositing.

I would like to continue the discussion in this thread because I think that
composite in XMonad can be interesting.

There is compiz branch without window manager at
http://git.compiz.org/~tuxmarkv/zcomp/ that can be used with XMonad. That
is a good idea but for some reason I can't see any kind of progress since
2010. The compiz project is completely modular except for the window
manager part.

Said that, I don't know if compiz or projects like that are the solution.