[xmonad] Re: knowing what is on each workspace and/or knowing which workspace I am looking at

Justin Bogner mail at justinbogner.com
Tue Jul 20 20:09:19 EDT 2010

Lara Michaels <laramichaels1978 at yahoo.com>
writes:
> In case others (now or in the future) are interested in getting this
> working, I just want to note that unfortunately this very cool
> switcher that Justin pointed out is not usable with multiple
> monitors. All the apps currently visible (on both workspaces) get
> grouped together as being in either workspace A or B, depending on
> which currently has focus.

This is due to how EwmhDesktops works. The gnome window selector behaves
the same way, in fact. I wrote a patch [1] that fixes this issue last
year, but apparently nobody was interested enough to apply it.

An updated patch for the current head is attached.

[1]: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.xmonad/8542