[xmonad] withIM combination

Henrique G. Abreu hgabreu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 19:45:55 EST 2010

This way of matching skype main window is a bit old, it's done like this
because in the past it was not possible to match a UTF8 in withIM or
combineTwoP (which is now). Also new skype for linux (2.1) sets appropriate
roles to its windows which makes matching them a lot easier.
The 'role field' in xprop is WM_WINDOW_ROLE. In order to cut xprop crap I
have this alias set in my .bashrc
alias xprop='xprop -notype WM_CLASS WM_NAME WM_WINDOW_ROLE'

Regards,
Henrique G. Abreu