[xmonad] Dual-Monitor setup with GNOME (Help!)

Alexey Feigin mysteriousentity at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 02:10:38 EDT 2009

Thank you for your reply wmw!

I n00bishly hadn't noticed the troubleshooting Xinerama section in the FAQ.
Turns out I misspelled "true" in my xorg.conf and Xinerama was not enabled.

Now that Xinerama is enabled xmonad works as expected with both monitors.
(Yay!)

There is one small problem. I get the following error a lot:

Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.0".

Reading forum threads found through google, the only sound advice I was able
to find was "disable Xinerama and use foobar" (I assume this is not an
option if I want xmonad).

Any advice on how to get rid of this error?

Alex