[xmonad] Issue 179 in xmonad: Tabbed Layout does not scale for >50 windows

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu May 1 03:58:28 EDT 2008

Issue 179: Tabbed Layout does not scale for >50 windows

Comment #5 by clem... at endorphin.org:
Thank you andrea. Your patch practically fixed the problem for me.
There still seems
to be an issue that makes this non-linear, but at least xmonad recovers
now from the
shocking event that firefox-session-resume throws 50 windows at it at
once (it takes
about 5-6 seconds to get back to normal even on my old box).

With respect to the censoring issue, I first assumed an error as I
never though your
comment was intentionally censored. But yes it was.

For the innocent bystander, here is the original comment of andrea
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.xmonad/5337

Yes, there is some flame bait in this post (first paragraph). But the signal/noise
ratio is definitely OK, especially as andrea is the first that
seriously had a look
at the problem. To me, the taunting remarks in the first paragraph are no
justification for censoring this comment.

Remember, this is the free software world. In theory, we don't censor.
In practice we
just censor much later than the rest.