[xmonad] Re: A New Solution to Removing the GHC Dependency

Dmitrij D. Czarkoff czarkoff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 09:34:08 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 22 July 2008 13:31:37 Miernik wrote:
> Someone here said that "124 MB is not a lot, are you sure its a problem?".
> Well, it bloody is, its just killing the idea of using a light window
> manager. If I wanted to scuk 124 MB just to manage my windows, I would
> install Gnome or KDE.

xmonad is lightweight due to its memory footprint:

ddc at ddclpc:~ $ ps -o %mem,args -p 5836
%MEM COMMAND
 0.2 /home/ddc/.xmonad/xmonad-x86_64-linux

If You trade the disc consumption for the configurability and flexibility, go
install dwm.

Or just install ghc, configure xmonad and through ghc out, if You can't stand
it wasting Your disc space.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff