[xmonad] my repositories

Andrea Rossato andrea.rossato at unibz.it
Sun Feb 24 05:07:49 EST 2008

Hi,

while talking with Roman it came up the problem of applying patches
from the mailing list.

I understand it, and I understand that sending patches to the mailing
list, when you have write access to the repository, should be avoided
when possible.

Unfortunately the last issues to be solved require core support:

1. the way Combo handles focus interacts not very well with keayboard
   window move/resize. This is a known issue, and David sent a
   proposal for nested stacks.[1] As far as I know no comments or
   follow up were posted by core developers;

2. PerWorkspace doesn't implement emptyLayout (and has some other
   issues). This requires some core support. Brent sent a proposal for
   that support [2] and a new PerWorkspace implementation [3] but, as
   far as I know, no comments or follow up were posted by core
   developers; I also sent my proposal, as you know. But this was just
   2 days ago;

3. Issue #111: my first proposal for just 3 days old, so we will have
   to wait a few weeks before start complaining for delays in its
   review.

While I find strange the fact that half of the members of what is
called the "xmonad team" are forced to run patched versions of xmonad
(and not to develop new features, but just to run the features they
have been coding for), still this is the case.

The only thing I can do to make it easier for the brave ones who want
test the code I run - without any warranty that it will be included in
the core - is to public my own repositories:

http://gorgias.mine.nu/repos/xmonad/
http://gorgias.mine.nu/repos/xmonad-contrib/

>From now on I'll only put there my contributions, without spamming
this list anymore.