[xmonad] The future of Decoartion

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Thu Feb 7 13:47:19 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 10:50:03AM +0100, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> (well, I was hoping for some of David's miracles, but I knew that was
> highly improbable in that situation, and given that comment).

and so it was there and I just couldn't see it... what a shame (below
a few words to explain, if you are curious).

in order to apologize for the confusion this thread originated I've
just pushed a few patches to add a very low priority, useless, but
still nice (well, this is just my opinion) feature: a prompt that will
let you dynamically apply a theme to your current workspace
decorations (tabbed, floating, whatever).

A Theme Selector, sort of. The choice will be gone if you quit your
Xsession. Still it could be useful. Moreover, I'm going to make a call
for theme contributions, and I hope this prompt will help collecting
nice themes (I see so many nice screen shots...;).

Andrea

ps: I know it's hard to believe, but I misunderstood both the meaning
of "stacked" and of "tabbed", in your comment, David. Moreover,
Spencer (I think) suggested something like this - and I agreed that
could solve the problem - , but I replied it was not possible, or just
too complex, because it didn't occur to me that in order to find out
if two windows are perfectly ... stacked, you just have to check if
the share the same ... rectangle, whereas I thought you should... wait
and look at the monitor!

(Then add that I think this is the first time I'm watching an
accumulating list like that - which is quite a cool thing I've never
thought about!)