[xmonad] darcs patch: Add windowRemover for make tabbed return just the focu...

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Fri Feb 1 20:52:05 EST 2008

On Feb 1, 2008, at 20:44 , Don Stewart wrote:

> sjanssen:
>> I think this solution is *really* ugly.  Also, I don't think we can
>> necessarily rely on the property that decorations windows are the
>> only
>> override-redirect windows in the windowset.
>
> That sounds fragile.

The correct thing to do is to set a property on decoration windows,
preferably one that links them to the decorated window (window ids
are perfectly acceptable for this) so that xmonad can re-adopt them
when restarted without state (or after mod-shift-space? --- and
possibly only to destroy them in that case so it can start over with
a clean slate).

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu