[xmonad] Always sink mplayer

Ricardo Martins ricardo at scarybox.net
Thu Dec 4 07:00:18 EST 2008

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 12:47, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
> Thank you very much for your response.
>
> I've tried a number of variants and I am beginning to think that there's
> something odd about mplayer with xmonad. I've tried adding the following
> three lines, just in case (and based on your advise):
>
> ---------
>   [ className =? "MPlayer"                 --> (ask >>= doF . W.sink)
>   , title =? "MPlayer"                 --> (ask >>= doF . W.sink)
>   , resource =? "MPlayer"                 --> (ask >>= doF . W.sink)
> ---------
>
> However it doesn't seem to change anything. It doesn't fail either. Xmonad
> recompiles config.hs just ok and it restarts without problems. But nothing
> seems to change.
>
> Xprop tells my that "MPlayer" is the correct string for WM_NAME,
> WM_ICON_NAME and WM_CLASS:
>
> 8< <snip> 8<
>
> In any case, thanks again for answering. Cheers :)
> --
> Jesús Guerrero

Are you sure you don't have a rule in you xmonad.hs for floating mplayer? I just
tested the line I sent you and it didn't work (i.e., sink mplayer) *before* I
also removed every other reference to MPlayer. The sink rule didn't override the
other rules for mplayer.

Regards,
--
 Ricardo Martins  *  scarybox.net  *  GPG key: 0x1308F1B4