[xmonad] Re: Dropped patches

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Aug 29 05:53:55 EDT 2008

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 28.08.2008, 15:09 -0600 schrieb Justin Bogner:
> > * "ManageDocks: keep struts on top"
> > An attachment on Google Code (?); I can't find the right bug report. Patch: <http://darcswatch.nomeata.de/20080626200455-18f27-727aac59e80057468e07299cea1f3516d2652abf.dpatch>
> > Applicable. No discussion that I know of.
> >

> Several people seemed interested in this on IRC, but nobody commented on
> it on the mailing list. It works for my use cases, but I was hoping
> others would comment on whether it could be better in any way.

I can’t test this right now, but please make sure it does not break
full-screen applications such as gqview and screen-message, i.e. that
the panel is still below such a window. If you don’t have these handy,
I’ll test it some other day.

BTW, cool to see that darcswatch is actually used. I’m having problems
with the locking I’m using[1], in that sometimes the lock becomes stale,
but I’ve set up nagios to monitor it, and some output redirection, so
hopefully I’ll be able to fix it soon. OTOH, if someone spots a bug in
the locking code, I’ll gladly take a hint :-)

Greetings,
Joachim

[1] http://darcs.nomeata.de/darcswatch/src/LockRestart.hs

--