[Xmonad] MATLAB and Xmonad

Ivan Tarasov ivan.tarasov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 10:05:19 EDT 2007

Does SetWMName hack work when you are starting the MATLAB on local machine?

Are you pressing the keys which set the WM name before the start the MATLAB?
Once the JVM inside which the MATLAB is running has been started, changing
the name of the WM does not affect this particular JVM (it only checks which
WM is used once on startup).

If this still does not work, can you please try adding AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit
line to the ~/.ssh/environment and make sure that it gets into the
environment of the remote machine at startup of your ssh session.

Ivan