[Xmonad] MATLAB and Xmonad

Christian Thiemann mail at christian-thiemann.de
Fri Oct 12 09:50:23 EDT 2007

Hi Ivan,

I still have some trouble with MATLAB.  As I reported earlier, the
AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit hack worked for me, but - as I discovered later -
only if I run MATLAB from the local machine.  If I want to spawn it
remotely on one of our computing machines (via ssh -X) nothing will show
up at all.

Today I tried it with your SetWMName extension (for which I needed to
change from 0.3 to darcs), but it doesn't work :-(

As in the module docs, I use setWMName "LG3D" (I tried to put it in my
logHook first, and also triggering manually via a keypress), but the
error is still the same (just blank grey screen with menus popping up
properly but no widgets at all).

I am thankful for any suggestions.

Best regards,
   Christian