[Xmonad] MATLAB and Xmonad

Ivan Tarasov ivan.tarasov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 03:32:34 EDT 2007

I'm the author of SetWMName and I can summarise the issue, however I already
tried to do this in the comment in the beginning of the SetWMName.hs. If it
is not enough, please advice on how to improve the summary.

If it is possible, you should use the SetWMName instead of setting
AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit, because MToolkit (Motif, actually) is an old engine
for AWT and it doesn't support all the features needed to make the Java GUI
programs work (some programs work, some do not). Setting WM name is quite a
dirty hack, but it is the only way to work around the problem till, maybe,
JDK7 (and there are no guarantees we'd have anything fixed there).

Ivan