[Xmonad] Xinerama & switching workspaces

Dave Harrison dave at nullcube.com
Sun Jun 10 03:43:26 EDT 2007

Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> dave:
>>> ah, will do
>> Hi Don,
>>
>> Having just updated from the latest of X11-extras and xmonad I've
>> discovered my xinerama setup is now being treated as a single window
>> ... any debugging I can do to try and work out why this is happening ?
>
> Very likely you didn't autoreconf the X11-extras directory?
>
> Since you'd be using darcs X11-extras, which doesn't have a
> pre-generated ./configure, that would lead to ./configure not being
> generated, and Xinerama not being detected.
>
> Check the X11-extras README on "if you are building from darcs"

I went back and called autoreconf, then wiped out the contents of the
dist/ dirs inside the repos (both for xmonad and X11-extras).  The I
configure, built, and installed X11-extras and xmonad.  Same behaviour
again, so I tried wiping out the install in /usr/local/lib/X11-extras
and did it all again, still same "single workspace across two screens"
thing going on ...