[Xmonad] XMonadContrib: Tabbed layout bugs

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Fri Jul 6 03:34:00 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 04:13:48PM -0500, Alec Berryman wrote:
> I just ran across something like this for the first time today and can
> reproduce it.  I tried to run eog (a GNOME image viewer) from the
> command line with a URL and learned that I couldn't.  eog popped up an
> error message with file not found, but for some reason, instead of being
> centered on the screen, it was up in the top left corner.  Initially,
> the image was drawn underneath the tabs (but over my dzen status bar and
> the xterm that spawned it); when I meta-clicked to move it, the error
> window was again drawn correctly, and I could not make the window move
> back underneath the tabs.
>
> If the error window had been drawn in the center of the screen there
> wouldn't have been a problem.  I don't know if that's eog's fault or
> xmonad's.

Unfortunately I don't run any gnome package and I do not thing I'm
going to install 2 millions packages to verify the bug with eog...;-)

As far as I understand  when a window should be placed above the tabs
(that is to say, when that window should hide the tabs), and you do
something (change focus or stuff like that) tabs show up and now cover
the previous window. Am I getting it correctly?

Andrea