[Xmonad] XMonadContrib: Tabbed layout bugs

Alec Berryman alec at thened.net
Thu Jul 5 17:13:48 EDT 2007

Andrea Rossato on 2007-07-05 22:22:08 +0200:

> On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 02:52:56PM -0400, Geoffrey Alan Washburn wrote:
>
> >  (1) Sometimes the tabs will be drawn on top of floating windows.  I think
> >  this only happens when a floating window is opened in a location that
> >  overlaps with a tab, but I haven't found a systematic way of testing this.
>
> I need a way to verify. I'll try to make some tests.

I just ran across something like this for the first time today and can
reproduce it.  I tried to run eog (a GNOME image viewer) from the
command line with a URL and learned that I couldn't.  eog popped up an
error message with file not found, but for some reason, instead of being
centered on the screen, it was up in the top left corner.  Initially,
the image was drawn underneath the tabs (but over my dzen status bar and
the xterm that spawned it); when I meta-clicked to move it, the error
window was again drawn correctly, and I could not make the window move
back underneath the tabs.

If the error window had been drawn in the center of the screen there
wouldn't have been a problem.  I don't know if that's eog's fault or
xmonad's.